Don’t miss this new workshop, loaded with everything you need to know about the Net Zero Energy/Net Zero Ready home building and the CHBA Net Zero Energy Labelling Program.
Net Zero Energy Homes are the pinnacle of energy efficiency, and third-party verified by EnerQuality.
Andy Oding of Building Knowledge, one of the country’s leading building scientists and Chair of the CHBA Net Zero Energy Housing Council, will be your instructor.
This workshop will provide you with:
- Unparalleled building science technical preparation for building Net Zero and Net Zero Ready homes based on the CHBA Net Zero Version 1 Standard
- The ability to efficiently design and plan homes that meet the program standard
- Practical understanding of how to build homes using cost-effective technologies which are already available
- Tips to successfully market and sell a Net Zero home by one of Canada’s most-seasoned experts
- Entry to a community of builders who will receive ongoing, practical information on the development of the program.
- Support from EnerQuality’s administrative and Quality Assurance team
- Certificate recognition of your training and expertise as an CHBA NZE-trained builder.
- Net Zero Training Manual for use during the workshop and future reference
Tuesday, November 7-Wednesday, November 8, 2017
BILD Offices, 20 Upjohn, Toronto
HBA member early bird: $899 + HST
Non member early bird: $999 + HST
(Early bird pricing ends October 27, 2017. Prices rise by $100 October 28.)
The CHBA Builder’s Manual (2013) is a required text. You may purchase this through EnerQuality, or bring your own.
Please note HBA membership is required to have homes certified as part of the Net Zero Labelling Program.
- Building Science Principles
- Air Barrier Systems
- Advanced Construction
- Air-Sealing Techniques
- Mechanical Systems
- CHBA NZE Labelling Program Requirements & Process Review
- New and Better Building Techniques
- Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Consumer Benefits
This workshop satisfies OAA and OBOA Continuing Education Credits.
Andrew Oding – LEED, AP, CEA
A Senior Building Science Associate for Building Knowledge Canada (Cambridge Ontario) and Chair of CHBA’s Net Zero Energy Housing Council, Andrew has more than 20 years of experience in the residential building industry. Andrew’s extensive background as a Framer, Site Supervisor, Purchasing Director, Product Development Manager and Director of Operations brings a unique, insightful and real-life practicality to building science principals and their in-field applications. He possesses the unique ability to engage and educate people regarding building science principals and the practical, clear application of “Good Building Science” in real-life field conditions. Andrew is also a Certified Energy Evaluator (CEE) and LEED Accredited Professional (AP). He is current Chairperson for the Ontario Homebuilders/ EnerQuality Technical committee; Vice-Chair for Natural Resources Canada’s Energy Star for New Homes Technical committee; former Chairperson of the CaGBC LEED for Homes Technical Assessment committee; OHBA representative to Ministry of Housing-Ontario Technical Advisory committee and Chair of the CHBA. Andrew has assisted with revisions to: the 2012 Ontario Building Code (Part 7- 9-12) and OHBA Advisory/ Steering committee: Best Practice Guide to Basements/ Below Grade Construction.
EnerQuality is Canada’s #1 certifier of energy efficient homes and the market leader in residential green building programs.
Interested participants can register online.
If you have any further questions please contact our office at 416-447-0077 or via email at Jessika@EnerQuality.ca.
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 45 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.
Thanks to our Workshop Sponsors: