Don’t miss this highly-rated, information-packed workshop, loaded with everything you need to know about the Net Zero Energy/Net Zero Ready home building and the CHBA Net Zero Energy labelling program. Net Zero Energy Homes are the pinnacle of energy efficiency, and third-party verified to be ultra efficient.
Benefit from your position as one of the first Net Zero Version 1-trained home builders!
Train with one of the country’s leading building scientists, Homesol’s Ross Elliott, in conjunction with the #1 certifier of energy efficient homes in Canada, EnerQuality.
Many of our builder participants are already building high performance homes.
This information-packed workshop will provide you with:
- Unparalleled building science technical preparation for building Net Zero and Net Zero Ready homes based on the incoming CHBA Net Zero protocol
- The ability to efficiently design and plan for the incoming Net Zero certification requirements
- Practical understanding of how to build homes to Net Zero standards, using cost-effective technologies which are already available
- Tips to successfully market and sell a Net Zero home by one of Canada’s most-seasoned experts
- Entry to a community of builders who will be receiving ongoing, practical information on the development of the program, including support from EnerQuality’s administrative and Quality Assurance team
- Certificate recognition of your training and expertise
- Net Zero R-2000 training Manual for use during the workshop and the future reference
- Recognition as an R-2000 trained builder and/or maintain your access status
Wednesday, November 23-Thursday, November 24, 2016
Best Western Kanata, 1876 Robertson Rd, Ottawa, ON K2H 5B8
Cost: Early Bird/HBA members: $799 + HST
The CHBA Builder’s Manual (2013) is a required text. You may purchase this through EnerQuality, or bring your own.
Please note that HBA membership is required to have homes certified under Net Zero.
- Building Science Principles
- Air Barrier Systems
- Advanced Construction
- Air-Sealing Techniques
- Mechanical Systems
- R-2000 Quality Assurance Process Overview
- CHBA NZE Labelling Program Requirements & Process Review
- New and Better Building Techniques
- Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Consumer Benefits
This workshop satisfies OAA and OBOA Continuing Education Credits, R-2000* Builder Training and CHBA NZE Version 1 Builder Training.
Ross Elliott, President and CEO of Homesol Building Solutions Inc., inspires owners, builders, designers and policymakers to create some of North America’s most energy efficient homes. He is a Certified Passive House Consultant (both iPHI and PHIUS) with over 30 years expertise in sustainable building & design. Ross and his team have completed almost 20,000 building energy evaluations, from ENERGY STAR® for New Homes, R-2000, and Home Energy Check-up Reports, to LEED, Passive House and Zero Energy+ homes. Named, for the second time in 2011, Ontario’s Energy Evaluator of the Year, and awarded EnerQuality Hall of Fame in 2014, Ross is also a LEED-Accredited Professional (Building Design & Construction), a Certified Energy Evaluator for ENERGY STAR® & R-2000 and is a qualified Air Systems & Radiant Hydronic Design Technician. He holds a BCIN Designer designation with the Ontario Ministry of Housing, and is experienced with natural building materials such as strawbale.
Active in his industry, Ross is a Director and Founding Member of Passive Buildings Canada and the Global Passive Buildings Council, a Faculty Member of the Canada Green Building Council and is a past Director of EnerQuality Corporation. He is also a Director of the Ontario Natural Building Coalition. He has provided research and training for major organizations including CMHC, Ontario First Nations Technical Services and Natural Resources Canada. Ross is completing his Masters in Ecological Design, and is currently working with dozens of sustainable building projects including a Zero Energy Passive House, a soap bubble insulated & shaded greenhouse, and his own rural home near Ottawa, recently certified as LEED Gold, R-2000, ENERGY STAR®, EnerGuide 90 and GreenHouse. He first trained as an energy auditor in 1979, worked as a Licensed Journeyman Carpenter for 10 years and operated his own construction business, specializing in Earth Friendly Homes, for seven years before starting Homesol in 1999.
Interested participants can register online.
If you have any further questions please contact our office at 416-447-0077 or via email at Jessika@EnerQuality.ca.
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 45 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.
Natural Resources Canada