ARE THERE ANY ELIGIBLE ENERGY STAR® REBATES?
Yes. Renovations and upgrades that make your home more energy efficient are:
|$500||For replacing 94% AFUE or less furnace with 95% or higher condensing natural gas furnace or replacing 89% AFUE or less boiler with a 90% AFUE or higher ENERGY STAR® condensing gas boiler.|
Wood Burning System
|$375||For purchase and installation of a wi-fi enabled thermostat with learning capabilities utilizing sensor technology.|
Water Heater 1
|$200||For replacing a wood-burning system or appliance with one of the following:* An indoor wood-burning appliance certified to either CAN/CSA-B415, I-M92 or the United States Environmental Protection Agency 40 CFR Part 60 wood-burning appliance standard. Appliances exempt from EPA testing are not eligible unless they are B415, 1-M92 certified.
* An indoor pellet-burning appliance (includes stoves, furnaces and boilers that burn wood, corn, grain or cherry pits)
*An indoor masonry heater
* For replacing a solid fuel-fired outdoor boiler with an outdoor wood-burning appliance to either CAN/CSA-B415.1 or EPA Outdoor Wood-fired Hydronic Heater (OWHH Method 28) Program (Phase 1 and 2). The capacity of the new equipment must be equal to or smaller than the capacity of the boiler being replaced.
|$80||For each window, door or skylight replaced with an ENERGY STAR®-qualified model.|
Basement Insulation 3, 4, 5
|$1,000||For adding at least R23 to 100% of basement|
|$500||For adding at least R12 to 100% of basement|
|$800||For adding at least R23 to 100% of crawl space wall|
|$400||For adding at least R10 to 100% of crawl space wall|
|$450||For adding at least R24 to 100% of floor above crawl space|
Exterior Wall Insulation 3
|$1,500||Add at least R9 for 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12.|
|$1,000||Add at least R3.8 for 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12.|
Attic Insulation 6
|$500||For increasing attic insulation to at least R50 from R12 or less.|
|$250||For increasing attic insulation to at least R50 from R13 to R25.|
|$500||For increasing cathedral/flat roof insulation by at least R14.|
|$150||Achieve 10% or more above base target|
|$100||Achieve base target|
|$100||For purchase and installation of a wi-fi enabled thermostat with learning capabilities utilizing sensor technology.|
Other Rebate enhancements
- Maximum rebate of $5,000 including up to $500 for both energy assessments (vs. $2,500 under current program). Customer pays the HST on the cost of the assessments similar to current program.
- A bonus rebate of $250 per measure, calculated for 3+ measures
- If a customer completed 3 measures, they will be eligible for $250 in bonus
- If a customer completed 4 measures, they will be eligible for $500 bonus, and so on.
**Smart thermostats will not be considered one of the eligible energy efficiency upgrades to qualify for the enhanced HRR offering, and will not contribute towards eligibility for the bonus rebate offer.
(1) Maximum one water heater rebate per home.
(2) $40 rebate per rough opening. Bay window considered one rough opening.(3) The rebate is prorated based on the percentage of wall area insulated and does not include walls between individual units. For a semi-detached, rebates are 75 percent of the amounts shown.
(4) When both a basement and crawl space are present, all applicable grants are pro-rated to a maximum of $1,000 based on the total wall area.
(5) Can qualify for either crawl space wall or floor above crawl space rebate.
(6) 100% ceiling coverage required upon completion. When the roof consists of more than one type (i.e., attic, cathedral ceiling and flat roof), rebates are pro-rated based on the ceiling area and roof type. The rebate for any combination of attic, cathedral ceiling and flat roof cannot exceed $500.