Don’t miss this new workshop, loaded with everything you need to know about the Net Zero Energy/Net Zero Ready home building and the CHBA Net Zero Energy Labelling Program.
Net Zero Energy Homes are the pinnacle of energy efficiency, and third-party verified by EnerQuality.
Andy Oding of Building Knowledge, one of the country’s leading building scientists and Chair of the CHBA Net Zero Energy Housing Council, will be your instructor.
This workshop will provide you with:
- Unparalleled building science technical preparation for building Net Zero and Net Zero Ready homes based on the CHBA Net Zero Version 1 Standard
- The ability to efficiently design and plan homes that meet the program standard
- Practical understanding of how to build homes using cost-effective technologies which are already available
- Tips to successfully market and sell a Net Zero home by one of Canada’s most-seasoned experts
- Entry to a community of builders who will receive ongoing, practical information on the development of the program.
- Support from EnerQuality’s administrative and Quality Assurance team
- Certificate recognition of your training and expertise as an CHBA NZE-trained builder.
- Net Zero Training Manual for use during the workshop and future reference
- Building Science Principles
- Air Barrier Systems
- Advanced Construction
- Air-Sealing Techniques
- Mechanical Systems
- CHBA NZE Labelling Program Requirements & Process Review
- New and Better Building Techniques
- Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Consumer Benefits
This workshop satisfies OAA and OBOA Continuing Education Credits.
The CHBA Builder’s Manual (2013) is a required text. You may purchase this through EnerQuality, or bring your own.
Please note HBA membership is required to have homes certified as part of the Net Zero Labelling Program.
LEED, AP, CEA
Andrew is General Manager and Director of Building Science at Building Knowledge Canada. Andrew is the Chair of the CHBA Net Zero Housing Council and Vice chair of the CHBA Technical Research Committee (TRC). He is a recognized building science trainer with the Government of Canada-Office of Energy Efficiency, Building Science Specialist (University of Toronto), a Certified Energy Evaluator (CEE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP) and mechanical designer.
Andrew and the BKC team work with builders, building officials, manufacturers and trades across Canada and in the US providing building science support and training, energy code compliance, volunteer program compliance (Energy Star, Net Zero Home, LEED , R2000,etc).
If you have any further questions please contact our office at 416-447-0077 or via email at Jessika@EnerQuality.ca.
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.