Doug Tarry, Jr.
EnerQuality’s Hall of Fame Award is awarded annually to an individual who has made a significant and long-term impact advocating for energy efficiency and green building practices in the new construction industry. Previous recipients include leaders and innovators like Peter Gilgan, Founder and CEO of Mattamy Homes and Paul Golini, Jr., Executive Vice-President, Industry Relations at Empire Communities.
This year, we are delighted to honour Doug Tarry Homes’ very own, Doug Tarry, Jr., Past President of Ontario Home Builders’ Association and champion of high-performance new construction. Join us to celebrate his achievements on September 22!
Vice President of Operations
Doug Tarry Limited, St. Thomas Ont.
Doug Tarry Homes is a family owned business, founded by his father Doug Sr., in 1954.
Doug sees to the daily operations of Doug Tarry Limited, a second-generation builder of Net Zero / Net Zero Ready Homes. Doug has worked extensively with a number of manufacturers and suppliers to develop products and methods needed for today’s high performance / Net Zero Homes.
- Past President, Ontario Home Builders Association.
- Inaugural Net Zero Home of the Year, Canadian Home Builders Association.
- 2 Time National Grand SAM Award Winner (Doug Tarry Homes) CHBA.
- Project HOPE, a Three Day Net Zero Ready fundraising House Build. (HOPE: A Story that builds more than a new Home” the documentary film will be released in 2020).
- Founding HOPE AGUA VITA, a Fundraising effort taking volunteers to the village of San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico to help rebuilding after Hurricane Maria.
- Co-owner Graphenstone Canada, representing a full line of ecological paints and specialty coatings with zero VOC’s and many of the products that will absorb CO2.
Doug’s current appointments include:
- Technical Chair, Ontario Home Builders Association
- Net Zero and Technical Research Councils, Canadian Home Builders Association
- Presenter and trainer on a number of Building Code and Better Building Subjects.
- Contributing writer, Better Builder Magazine.
- Married to Carolyne and father of Sarah.
- A professionally trained Chef who loves entertaining for friends and family.