Don’t miss this 2-part workshop loaded with everything you need to know about the Net Zero Energy/Net Zero Ready home building and the CHBA Net Zero Energy Labelling Program.
Net Zero Energy Homes are the pinnacle of energy efficiency, and third-party verified by EnerQuality. As part of the curriculum and training certification, students must attend both parts of the course.
This course will take place via Zoom webinar.
- Part 1 – February 27th: 12:00pm – 4:00pm EDT
- Part 2 – February 28th: 12:00pm – 4:00pm EDT
This workshop will provide you with:
- Unparalleled building science technical preparation for building Net Zero and Net Zero Ready homes based on the CHBA Net Zero Version 1 Standard
- The ability to efficiently design and plan homes that meet the program standard
- Practical understanding of how to build homes using cost-effective technologies which are already available
- Tips to successfully market and sell a Net Zero home by one of Canada’s most-seasoned experts
- Entry to a community of builders who will receive ongoing, practical information on the development of the program.
- Support from EnerQuality’s administrative and Quality Assurance team
- Certificate recognition of your training and expertise as an CHBA NZE-trained builder.
- Building Science Principles
- Air Barrier Systems
- Advanced Construction
- Air-Sealing Techniques
- Mechanical Systems
- CHBA NZE Labelling Program Requirements & Process Review
- New and Better Building Techniques
- Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Consumer Benefits
EnerQuality workshop completion certificates can be submitted for Continuing Education credits for the following organizations:
- Ontario Association of Architects
- Ontario Building Officials Association
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Association of Energy Engineers
Note: Many of our students have received Canada Ontario Job Grants to cover the majority of their training costs. If you are located in Ontario, training for a job in Ontario and not receiving other grants for this training, visit the COJG site for more information.
Advanced Building Science (ABS)
Who Should Attend:
Builders • Contractors • Architects • Project Managers • Developers • Manufacturers and distributors of high performance building products • Consultants • Architectural Technologists • Those interested in building Net Zero •
President, Building Knowledge Canada
There are few professionals in Ontario that can match Gord Cooke’s broad knowledge of the inner workings of a house. Highly regarded in the Ontario homebuilding industry, Gord is a professional engineer, trainer, author, and industry consultant.
For over 35 years, Gord has helped builders and HVAC contractors implement innovative technologies and build better homes. He is an effective and passionate educator and advocate for better building practices, improved indoor air quality, and energy efficiency.
Most recently, Gord was awarded one of just five “hall of fame” 2022 Clean50 Lifetime Achievement Awards
For more information, contact the EnerQuality Training team, email@example.com
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.