AND November 25, 2020 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Become a Qualified CHBA Net Zero Renovator and get ready for the incoming CHBA Net Zero Labelling Program for Renovators! This training will take place in conjunction with CHBA-BC for Western Canada and CHBA-National.
In this course participants learn the latest developments on approaches to Net Zero/Ready renovations focused on ensuring customer comfort and satisfaction. Attendees will review the Net Zero/Ready design principles, equipment options, emerging technologies, and construction practices and learn to identify the performance gap between “existing” homes and new net zero homes. This course reflects the advancements in technology and innovations in the Canadian housing industry. By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand how to assess for ideal candidates for Net Zero Renovations.
- Learn how to work with a CHBA Qualified Energy Advisor to achieve the Net Zero Label for a renovation.
- Receive reference Net Zero/Ready Home case studies for each Canadian climate zone.
- Identify how varying client motivations for pursuing a Net Zero Renovation could result in different approaches.
- Know the history of energy retrofit incentives as well as some of the unintended consequences from those programs.
- Discover how homes were built in different decades and how this impacts a Net Zero Renovation.
- Learn how to adjust Net Zero renovation plans to different budgets and stage renovations over time.
- Understand how to determine if an interior or exterior approach is advisable/cost-effective.
- Hear how energy monitors can be used as sales tools with existing homeowners.
- Understand how a small PV array on a Net Zero Ready home can support the renovation and customer goals.
- Know how to provide preliminary estimates of PV generation prior to engaging experts.
- Meet peer renovators engaged in deep energy renovations.
- Have tools and tips for promoting Net Zero Renovations on social media.
- Learn how to approach the complex safety issue that can occur with existing fireplaces in deep energy retrofits.
- Describe the differences between a home renovated to Net Zero and a home built to meet the CHBA Net Zero Home Labelling Program Requirements.
Special thanks to our exceptional partner and sponsor community Panasonic Canada, Owens Corning Canada, Mitsubishi Electric, AeroBarrier, Dave’s Ducts, and Reliance Home Comfort for making this workshop series possible.
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.