Building a better home is just good business. That starts with understanding the fundamentals of Advanced Building Science – learn how the best builders are improving the quality of their product in cost-effective ways. Even those builders participate in certification programs such as ENERGY STAR® and Net Zero will benefit from learning more efficient practices.
This highly-recommended workshop is an introduction to the principles behind energy efficient construction.
This is a must-attend for those who:
- Are new to the ENERGY STAR® for New Homes program
- Have new staff who need to better understand your business
- Have suppliers who need to understand high-performance home building
- Could use a building science refresher
Discover why thousands use the ENERGY STAR® training series to build better homes, gain a reputation as exceptional builders, increase customer satisfaction, and prevent post-construction call-backs and other deficiencies.
Please note: For those builders new to the ENERGY STAR® program, this workshop is a pre-requisite to taking Part 2: ESNH V17.
- Early bird HBA member: $229 +HST
- Early bird non-member : $279 +HST
- HBA member Regular Fee: $259 +HST
- Non-member member Regular Fee: $329 +HST
Early bird pricing expires October 15, 2108
Venue:BILD Offices - Awards Hall
20 Upjohn Rd
Add to Google Calendar
- Strategies for more effective building envelope construction, moisture control, and air movement through the built structure
- An examination of current building issues and solutions to reduce material, labour, call-back and warranty costs while improving cycle and process times
- New products, foundation options, new ventilation and heating systems
EnerQuality workshop completion certificates can be submitted for Continuing Education credits for the following organizations:
- Ontario Association of Architects
- Ontario Building Officials Association
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Association of Energy Engineers
Note: Many of our students have received Canada Ontario Job Grants to cover the majority of their training costs. If you are located in Ontario, training for a job in Ontario and not receiving other grants for this training, visit the COJG site for more information.
Who Should Attend:
New ENERGY STAR® participants • Builders • Contractors • Architects • Project Managers • Developers • Manufacturers and distributors of high performance building products • Realtors • Consultants • Technologists • All those responsible for marketing high performance homes
General Manager and Director of Building Science at Building Knowledge Canada
Andrew is the Past-Chair of the CHBA Net Zero Housing Council and Vice chair of the CHBA Technical Research Committee (TRC).
Andrew is a recognized building science trainer with the Government of Canada-Office of Energy Efficiency, Building Science Specialist (University of Toronto), a Certified Energy Evaluator (CEE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP) and mechanical designer.
Andrew and the Building Knowledge Team work with builders, building officials, manufacturers and trades across Canada and in the U.S. providing building science support and training, energy code compliance, volunteer program compliance (ENERGY STAR®, Net Zero Home, LEED , R2000,etc).
For more information, please contact Events & Marketing Manager Jessika Diamond, 416-447-0077.
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.