Join us for a 90min value filled session on the ENERGY STAR® Multi-Family High Rise Standard. Learn about how building ENERGY STAR® Multi-Family is a smart choice for leading builders.
This session will provide you with an overview on the program, its benefits, and a comparison to other green building standards and the process to certification.
This workshop will provide you with:
- An overview of the ENERGY STAR® Multi-Family certification process and benefits; and why is it a smart choice for leading builders
- Learn about the alignment of the ESMF Standard compared with municipal green building standards – How designing to municipal green standards creates a fast path to ENERGY STAR® certification
- ESMF Myths and Facts – Cost, Value, and Process
- Getting started with ESMF – What are the Next Steps, and How to Enroll Your Building
Who Should Attend:
• New ENERGY STAR® participants • Builders • Contractors • Architects • Project Managers • Developers • Foremen • Site Supervisors • Manufacturers and distributors of high performance building products • Realtors • Consultants • Technologists
Program Manager, enerQUALITY
Luis Carvalheiro is the program Manager at EnerQuality Corporation in Ontario, Canada.
Luis has a bachelor’s in architectural science with a specialization in building science. Luis started his career as a Registered Energy Advisor in 2017 performing energy modelling and certification of homes under EnerGuide Rating System, Energy Star for New Homes and CHBA’s Net Zero programs. During his career, Luis developed a desire for high performance housing and sustainability. This led him to join EnerQuality, the #1 certifier of energy efficient housing in Canada and the market leader in residential green buildings program in 2021.
Managing Principal at SRS Consulting Engineers
Phil Fung is a Designated Consulting Engineer in Ontario, Canada. Phil holds several professional designations including LEED Accredited Professional, Certified Sustainable Building Advisor, and Certified Energy Manager. Starting his career as an Automation & Robotics Engineer at Digital Equipment Corporation in 1987, he became SRS Consulting Engineers’ Managing Principal in 2004. In 2012, Phil accepted the part-time professorship at Humber College teaching Sustainable Buildings Design, Bio-Inspired Buildings design, and Energy Modelling.
In the course of his career, Phil developed a vision and passion in designing and developing an affordable, self-sustaining, and regenerative Multi-Unit Residential building. He designed and patented his Vertical Indoor Ecosystem – Vertical Indoor Garden (VIGA™) - in early 2014 which was based on biomimetic and biophilic design principles. Phil brings to the sustainable building design industry many years of experience as a consultant, an engineer, a system designer, an entrepreneur, an educator, and his boundless passion for education, and sustainable and energy efficient buildings design.
For more information, contact the EnerQuality Training team, firstname.lastname@example.org