Don’t miss this new workshop, loaded with everything you need to know about the Net Zero Energy/Net Zero Ready home building and the CHBA Net Zero Energy Labelling Program.
Net Zero Energy Homes are the pinnacle of energy efficiency, and third-party verified by EnerQuality. Ross Elliott of Homesol Solutions, one of the country’s leading building scientists, will be your instructor.
This workshop will provide you with:
- Unparalleled building science technical preparation for building Net Zero and Net Zero Ready homes based on the CHBA Net Zero Version 1 Standard
- The ability to efficiently design and plan homes that meet the program standard
- Practical understanding of how to build homes using cost-effective technologies which are already available
- Tips to successfully market and sell a Net Zero home by one of Canada’s most-seasoned experts
- Entry to a community of builders who will receive ongoing, practical information on the development of the program.
- Support from EnerQuality’s administrative and Quality Assurance team
- Certificate recognition of your training and expertise as an CHBA NZE-trained builder.
- Net Zero Training Manual for use during the workshop and future reference
The CHBA Builder’s Manual (2013) is a required text. You may purchase this through EnerQuality, or bring your own.
- Building Science Principles
- Air Barrier Systems
- Advanced Construction
- Air-Sealing Techniques
- Mechanical Systems
- CHBA NZE Labelling Program Requirements & Process Review
- New and Better Building Techniques
- Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Consumer Benefits
This workshop satisfies OAA and OBOA Continuing Education Credits.
Ross Elliott, President and CEO of Homesol Building Solutions Inc., is a Certified Passive House Consultant (both iPHI and PHIUS) with over 30 years expertise in sustainable building & design. Ross and his team have completed almost 20,000 building energy evaluations, from ENERGY STAR®® for New Homes, R-2000, and Home Energy Check-up Reports, to LEED, Passive House and Zero Energy+ homes. Twice named Energy Evaluator of the Year, and awarded EnerQuality Hall of Fame in 2014, Ross is also a LEED-Accredited Professional (Building Design & Construction), a Certified Energy Evaluator for ENERGY STAR®® & R-2000 and is a qualified Air Systems & Radiant Hydronic Design Technician. He holds a BCIN Designer designation with the Ontario Ministry of Housing, and is experienced with natural building materials such as strawbale.
Ross is a Director and Founding Member of Passive Buildings Canada and the Global Passive Buildings Council, a Faculty Member of the Canada Green Building Council and is a past Director of EnerQuality Corporation. He is also a Director of the Ontario Natural Building Coalition. He has provided research and training for major organizations including CMHC, Ontario First Nations Technical Services and Natural Resources Canada.
If you have any further questions please contact our office at 416-447-0077 or via email at Jessika@EnerQuality.ca.
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the workshop. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.