AND June 2, 2020 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
Be among the first in the country to experience this newly developed workshop, featuring everything you need to know about Net Zero Energy home building and the new version of the CHBA Net Zero Energy Labelling Program.
Net Zero Energy Homes are the pinnacle of energy efficiency, and are third-party verified.
Andy Oding of Building Knowledge, and past chair of the CHBA Net Zero Energy Housing Council and one of the country’s leading building scientists, will be your instructor.
This is workshop 3 of the Better Built Homes Workshop Series. Pre-requisites for this course are Advanced Building Science and ENERGY STAR® for New Homes v17 Builder Training. To sign up for the prerequisite courses or to learn more, click here.
The EnerQuality Team Builder promotion provides registrants one complimentary registration for every three that are paid. Participants can mix and match sessions. Your fourth registration is complimentary to be used toward a workshop that is of equal or less value. Email email@example.com to register.
This workshop will provide you with:
- Unparalleled building science technical preparation for building Net Zero and Net Zero Ready homes based on the newest Net Zero Standard
- The ability to efficiently design and plan homes that meet the program standard
- Practical understanding of how to build homes using cost-effective technologies which are already available
- Tips to successfully market and sell a Net Zero home by one of Canada’s most-seasoned experts
- Entry to a community of builders who will receive ongoing, practical information on the development of the program.
- Support from EnerQuality’s administrative and Quality Assurance team
- Certificate recognition of your training and expertise as an CHBA NZE-trained builder.
- Net Zero Training Manual for use during the workshop and future reference
Thanks to Lead Sponsor Enbridge Gas for making it possible for Ontario homebuilding professionals to register at no cost. Thanks to EnerQuality’s exceptional partner and sponsor community Panasonic Canada, Owens Corning Canada, Mitsubishi Electric, Aerobarrier, Dave’s Ducts and Reliance Home Comfort for making this workshop series possible.
- Building Science Principles
- Air Barrier Systems
- Advanced Construction
- Air-Sealing Techniques
- Mechanical Systems
- CHBA NZE Labelling Program Requirements & Process Review
- New and Better Building Techniques
- Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Consumer Benefits
EnerQuality workshop completion certificates can be submitted for Continuing Education credits for the following organizations:
- Ontario Association of Architects
- Ontario Building Officials Association
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Association of Energy Engineers
Note: Many of our students have received Canada Ontario Job Grants to cover the majority of their training costs. If you are located in Ontario, training for a job in Ontario and not receiving other grants for this training, visit the COJG site for more information.
The CHBA Builder’s Manual is a required text. You may purchase this through EnerQuality, or bring your own. Please leave enough time for ordering and shipping.
Who Should Attend:
Builders • Contractors • Architects • Project Managers • Developers • Manufacturers and distributors of high performance building products • Consultants • Architectural Technologists • Those interested in building Net Zero •
General Manager and Director of Building Science at Building Knowledge Canada.
Andrew is the Past-Chair of the CHBA Net Zero Housing Council and Chair of the CHBA Technical Research Committee (TRC).
Andrew is a recognized building science trainer with the Government of Canada-Office of Energy Efficiency, Building Science Specialist (University of Toronto), a Certified Energy Evaluator (CEE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP) and mechanical designer.
Andrew and the Building Knowledge Team work with builders, building officials, manufacturers and trades across Canada and in the US providing building science support and training, energy code compliance, volunteer program compliance (ENERGY STAR®, Net Zero Home, LEED , R2000,etc) .
For more information, please contact Adrian Babrikels Munoz, 416-447-0077
EnerQuality endeavours to be as flexible as possible with our cancellation policy. In the event you are unable to personally attend a workshop, you may, with prior notice, substitute another representative from your company. A refund (less $50 administration fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the workshop. If a registrant does not attend, or cancels within the 14 day period leading up the workshop, the full registration fee will be charged. Contractual obligations and agreements with third parties may require for the policy to be amended or revised from time to time. EnerQuality reserves the right to reschedule, relocate, or cancel events. Should this be required, we will provide prior notice to all registrants.